Your Privacy Rights
Effective Date/Last Updated: January 1, 2023
Persons with disabilities may obtain this Policy in alternative formats upon request by contacting us at +1 (866) 890-2810.
Table of Contents
Scope of this Policy
Personal Information We Collect
How We Use Personal Information
How We May Disclose Personal Information
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Choices You Have About Our Processing of Your Personal Information
Security of Personal Information
California Privacy Rights
Virginia Privacy Rights
Changes to this Policy
Scope of this Policy
- Interact with our websites, mobile applications, social media sites and handles, and online services;
- Subscribe to receive news, information, and marketing communications from us;
- Participate in contests, sweepstakes, promotions, surveys, and research conducted by us;
- Visit one of our retail locations, venues, campgrounds, or attend an event sponsored by us;
- Interact or engage with us as a current, former, and prospective vendor or business partner; and/or
- Otherwise communicate or interact with us, such as when you email or call us (collectively, our "Services").
Additional Notices. Depending on how you engage with us, we may provide you with other privacy notices with additional details about our privacy practices. For example, this Policy does not apply to job applicants or to employees in the context of their employment with us. This Policy also does not apply to any third-party websites, services, products, or mobile applications maintained by other companies that are linked to from our Services.
Aggregated and Deidentified Data. We may use, disclose, and otherwise process aggregated or deidentified data related to our business and your use of the Services ourselves and with others for quality control, analytics, research, development, and other similar purposes. Aggregated and deidentified data is not personal information.
Personal Information We Collect
Personal Information You Provide
Some of our Services include features that permit you to provide personal information directly to us. We collect and store personal information you enter via our Services including:
- Contact Information. Name, phone number, email address, and physical address when you create an account or complete a transaction with us.
- Account and Profile Information. If you create an account with us, we collect your account user name and password and personal information you post to your profile or account or that you otherwise submit to us through your account.
- Demographics. Certain demographic and other personal information requested via forms, such as lead generation forms.
- Payments and Purchases. If you make purchases through our Services, we and our providers collect payment information such as payment card details, payment type, credit card number or other payment account details, including billing and shipping address.
- Events and Bookings. Appointment/reservation bookings you carry out through our Services, including the personal information provided to make such appointment/booking.
- Marketing and Promotions. If you agree to receive direct marketing communications from us, such as when you subscribe to our email newsletters, we collect your email address.
- Online Submissions. Any personal information you provide by interacting via our online forums and with our online chat features, or by commenting on content posted in public areas of our Services. Please note that these comments posted in public areas of our Services are also visible to other users of our Services.
- Social Media Information. Your social media handle when you interact with our Services through social media.
- Surveys and Feedback. Personal information you provide when you complete a survey administered by us or a service provider acting on our behalf.
- Sweepstakes, Contests, and Promotions. Personal information you provide when you participate in a contest or sweepstakes we offer, which may include your social security number or other applicable government identification number, and driver's license number if you win such contest or sweepstakes. We may also be required to post the names of winners depending on the jurisdiction.
- Communications and Interactions. If you contact us, such as at our call centers, we may keep a record of that correspondence and any information provided, including via call recording. When you email or otherwise communicate with us, we collect and maintain a record of those communications. If you interact or engage with us via the live chat functions available through the Services, we collect your messages, questions, feedback, and any other information you so choose to provide.
- Health Information. Medical or health information you provide to us when requesting special accommodations or filing incident reports while using our Services.
- Business Development Information. To assess and pursue potential business opportunities, we may collect and receive personal information about current, former, and prospective vendors and business partners including name, company information, contact details, and communications records.
- Other Information. Any other personal information you choose to submit to us via our Services.
Personal Information We Collect Automatically
- Device and Browsing Information. Details of your visits to our websites and Services, and personal information generated in the course of the use of our Services, including traffic data, general location data, which may be derived from your IP address, weblogs and other communication data, the resources you access, and how you reached our websites (the referring and exiting URLs). We also may collect details regarding the device you use to access our Services, including, but not limited to, your IP address, unique ID, operating system, and browser type.
- Activities and Usage. We also collect activity information related to your use of the Services, such as information about the links clicked, searches conducted, features used, items viewed and added to your cart, files and content uploaded, streamed, or deleted, time spent within the Services, and your interactions with us and others within the Services.
- Location Information. When accessing our websites on a mobile device or using any of our mobile applications, we will have access to your general location if you have enabled location services on your device for our mobile applications. We also may collect GPS details from your motorized RV (if enabled with such functionality) if you do not delete this data from your vehicle's device before you provide us with your motorized RV.
- Interactions. Personal information about how you interact with our Services, such as our emails, ads, and newsletters, including whether you open or click links in any correspondences.
- Images and Videos. Your photographic or video image if you visit one of our facilities.
Personal Information We Collect from Third Parties
We collect some personal information from third parties, including our service providers, other business partners, advertising networks, Internet service providers, data analytics and marketing providers, and operating systems and platforms:
- Personal information about your browsing history, search history, interactions with websites, and applications or advertisements.
- Personal information from our business partners with whom we collaborate on various matters, including if you make purchases from marketplaces that sell our products and services.
- Personal information to further supplement or validate the information we otherwise collect about you.
Publicly Available Information
Subject to applicable law, we may collect information about you that is publicly available, including on our websites, on third-party websites, and otherwise. Please note that we are not responsible for what third parties do with any information you make available in public areas of our Services or elsewhere. Please exercise care in determining what information, including personal information, you make publicly available through our Services or other public areas.
How We Use the Personal Information
- Providing our Services. To allow you to maintain your account with us and otherwise run our day-to-day operations, to provide you with our products and services, including to complete transactions, to take steps to enter into a contract for a sale or for services, to process payments, to fulfill orders, to send service communications (including product safety and recall-related notices), and for other customer service functions.
- Marketing and Promotions. Subject to applicable law, to contact you regarding offers, promotions, discounts, and other services, provided by us or our third-party business partners that may interest you.
- Tailored Advertising and Ad Effectiveness. To deliver tailored advertising on our Services based on your preferences or interests across services and devices and to measuring the effectiveness of ads, including understanding our customer base and purchasing trends. This includes creating custom audiences on social media websites and search engine platforms.
- Responding to Inquiries. To contact you in response to an inquiry, complaint, or incident report. This includes responding your comments and reviews of our Services on social media websites and search engine platforms.
- Research and Surveys. To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or customer satisfaction purposes.
- Planning and Managing Events. For event planning and management purposes, including registration, attendance, connecting you with other event attendees, and contacting you about relevant events and Services.
- Customization and Personalization. To tailor content we may send or display to you, to enable additional features on our Services, and to provide you with a personalized service.
- Membership Program. If you are a member of our Good Sam Membership program, we use your personal information in order to administer that program.
- Improving our Services. To improve and grow our business, including understanding how our Services are being used, for analytics purposes, and to develop new features, products, or services, and for internal quality control and training purposes.
- Auditing, Reporting, and Other Internal Operations. To conduct financial, tax, and accounting audits; audits and assessments of our operations, privacy, security, and financial controls and compliance with legal obligations; our general business, accounting, record keeping, and legal functions; and to maintain appropriate business records and enforce company policies and procedures.
- In support of our General Business Operations. To assess and implement mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, bankruptcies, and other business transactions such as financings.
- Other Purposes. For other purposes where we provide notice, obtain your consent, or that are otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
How We May Disclose Personal Information
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We may disclose personal information with current or future affiliates or subsidiaries to provide services and for research, marketing, and other purposes consistent with this Policy.
- Service Providers. We disclose the personal information we collect to service providers, contractors, and agents who perform functions on our behalf. These service providers, contractors, and agents include entities that provide delivery services, customer information management services, customer communications and marketing services, billing and collection services, payment processing and order fulfillment services, auditing and accounting services, professional services/consultants, analytics services, security services, companies who administer our products and services, and IT support services.
- Social Media Platforms. We may respond to or otherwise engage with social media posts or messages directed at one of our accounts, or which reference our products or services. If you publicly share content about us or our products or services, we may choose to re-post or otherwise share that content with the social media company and our followers, subject to the terms of the relevant social media platform. Additionally, your interaction with us through social media typically allows the social media company to collect some personal information about you through cookies or other tracking mechanisms on our websites. In some cases, the social media company may recognize you through its digital cookies even when you do not interact with their application. Please visit the social media companies' privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and privacy settings.
- Third-Party Advertisers. We may disclose personal information to third-party advertisers for marketing and advertising purposes. These companies may use tracking technologies to collect or receive information from our Services and elsewhere on the Internet and use that information to provide analytical services, interest tagging, and ad targeting on our behalf. For more information, please see the "Cookies and Similar Technologies" section below.
- Business Partners. To enhance your user experience, we may provide personal information to a select group of companies that offer products and services that may interest you. For example, we offer promotions – such as sweepstakes or free camping – in collaboration with business partners. We may disclose your personal information with these business partners if they need it to send you a product, such as to fulfill the offer of a free night camping.
- Other CWGS Users. If you submit or make available information through our public-facing, interactive online features and forums, such as when you post reviews, testimonials, or questions about our products or services, information such as your name, review, testimonial, or question, will be available to, and searchable by, other users of the Services.
- Acquirers of Business Assets. We may sell certain of our businesses or assets to other companies in connection with a merger, acquisition, financing, or bankruptcy. When such transactions take place, your information may constitute a part of the transferred business assets. In the event that we, or any of our affiliates, sell some, all, or substantially all of our assets to another company, your personal information likely will be disclosed and transferred as an asset to such company, as well as in contemplation of such transactions (e.g., due diligence).
- Other Disclosures. We may disclose personal information in other ways not described above that we notify you of or that we obtain your consent for, or that are otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
"Cookies" are alphanumeric identifiers we transfer to your device's hard drive through your web browser for tracking purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process, support the security and performance of the Services, or allow us to track activity and usage data within the Services.
Pixel tags (sometime called web beacons or clear GIFs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. While cookies are stored locally on your device, pixel tags are embedded invisibly within web pages and online content. We may use these, in connection with our Services to, among other things, track the activities of users, and help us manage content and compile usage statistics. We may also use these in our emails to let us know when they have been opened or forwarded so we can track response rates and gauge the effectiveness of our communications.
We and our service providers may use the information we collect about you (whether directly from our Services, through your device(s), or from a third party) to help us and our service providers identify other devices you use (e.g., a mobile phone, tablet, other computer, etc.). We and our service providers also may use the cross-device and other information we learn about you to serve targeted advertising on your devices and to send you emails. To opt out of cross-device advertising, you may follow the instructions set forth in the Choices You Have About Our Processing of Your Personal Information section below. Please note that if you opt out of these targeted advertising cookies, your opt out will be specific to the web browser or device from which you accessed the opt out. If you use multiple web browsers or devices, you will need to opt out on each web browser or device you use.
Third-Party Advertisers and Network Advertisers
We partner with companies that assist us in advertising our Services. These companies may use tracking technologies to collect or receive information from our Services and elsewhere on the Internet and use that information to provide analytical services, interest tagging, and ad targeting.
Choices You Have About Our Processing of Your Personal Information
If you have established an account with any of our brands, you can review your communication preferences by logging in through "My Account" or a similarly designated section of our websites. You may make modifications to your communication preferences directly through your account. If you don't have an account, can't find your account, or some of our Services do not provide an account section, you can simply contact us via the methods noted in the "Help and Support," "Contact Us," or a similarly designated section of our websites.
You can also request that we not send marketing emails to you by unsubscribing from the communication via the link at the bottom of the email.
When you subscribe to our publications or otherwise do business with us, please tell us if you do not want to receive our direct mail marketing offers for any or just certain products and/or services. If you change your mind, just contact us and ask that we do not include you in future offerings. Please note that because marketing campaigns are planned a few months ahead of time, you may continue to receive marketing offers after making a request. Write to us at Good Sam Mail Preference Service, P.O. Box 6888, Englewood, CO 80155-6888 to opt out from future mailings.
Account and Profile Information
If you have an account with us, you may access, update, or correct your account and profile information at any time by logging in to your account and updating the personal information we maintain. We may keep a copy of your prior information for a period of time as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, as part of our business records, and our backup data.
Tracking and Advertising Choices
Browser Solutions for Opting Out of Cookies. To prevent cookies or third-party advertisers from tracking your activity on our websites, there are tools you can use to disable cookies and opt out of interest-based advertising. Using the resources below does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Services or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Your opt out may not be effective if your browser is configured to reject cookies.
To prevent cookies from tracking your activity on our websites, you can set your browser to block certain cookies or notify you when a cookie is set. The "Help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your device from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Certain aspects of our websites may not behave as expected should you disable cookies. If you are experiencing website issues, it may be due to your cookie preference settings.
Industry Solutions for Opting Out of Ad Networks. Additionally, users may opt out of many ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising. Please be advised that opting out of ad networks will opt you out from certain companies' delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our websites or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Additional information is available on the DAA's websites at www.aboutads.info and https://youradchoices.com/appchoices (for mobile apps).
Security of Personal Information
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards designed to protect the personal information we process via the Services. While we use these precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
We may offer links to or from our Services to websites, services, and resources operated by third parties. We offer links to third-party websites as a convenience. We are not responsible for the privacy practices, content, or policies of websites operated by third parties, and you should inquire about the privacy practices of such third parties before providing any personal information to those third parties.
Our Services are not directed to or intended for, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from, children under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not submit any personal information via our Services. If we learn that we have received information directly from a child who is under the age of 16, we will delete such information from our systems. If you are a parent or legal guardian and have reason to believe your child has provided personal information to us via our Services, please contact us using the contact information below.
We may offer blogs, online forums, or other public-facing, interactive features in connection with our Services that enable you to share information about the Services or other issues of interest (e.g., reviews, testimonials, and questions). You should be aware that any communications you submit or post to any such interactive feature on the Services may be viewable by other participants or users. By submitting or posting to such interactive features you acknowledge and agree that you have no expectation of privacy or confidentiality in the content you submit for such features, whether or not it contains personal information about you.
Our Services are directed to individuals in the U.S. Personal information that you provide to us and that we collect as a result of your using our Services will be processed in the U.S. or in other jurisdictions outside your jurisdiction of residence. The privacy and data protection laws in the U.S. or those other jurisdictions may not be equivalent to or adequate under the laws in your jurisdiction of residence, and you understand that the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies in those jurisdictions may be able to obtain disclosure of that personal information through the laws of the foreign jurisdiction. By using our Services or by otherwise providing us with your personal information, you agree to the processing of your personal information in the U.S. and other jurisdictions.
California Privacy Rights
This section does not address or apply to our handling of personal information that is exempt under the CCPA.
This section also does not address or apply to our handling of personal information of current or former employees, job applicants, or contractors – please see www.campingworldjobs.com for more information about our handling of personal information from such individuals.
Notice At CollectionCategories of Personal Information We Collect
The following identifies the categories of personal information we collect about you (and have collected in the prior 12 months), as enumerated by the CCPA. Depending on how you use the Services, we collect the following categories of personal information through our Services:
- Identifiers. Such as a real name, alias, address, VIN, IP address and online identifiers, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other unique personal identifiers.
- Commercial Information. Such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or use histories.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information or Usage Data ("usage data"). Such as, browsing history, clickstream data, search history, and information regarding interactions with an Internet website, application, or advertisement, including other usage data related to you use of any of our Services or other online services.
- Geolocation Data. Such as general location information about a particular individual or device, including zip code, city, or region, which may be derived from your IP address.
- Audio, Video, and other Electronic Data. Such as audio, electronic, visual, or similar information such as video or CCTV footage, photographs, and call recordings (e.g., customer support calls).
- Inferences. Such as inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile reflecting a consumer's preferences, characteristics, behaviors, or attitudes.
- Protected Classifications: Such collect some information that is considered a protected classification under California/federal law (e.g., your gender, date of birth, citizenship, marital status, and disability status).
- Sensitive Personal Information: In limited circumstances, we may collect social security number, driver's license number, and personal information collected and analyzed concerning a consumer's health.
We retain your personal information for as long as needed, or permitted, based on the reason we obtained it, subject to applicable law. When deciding how long to keep your personal information, we consider whether we are subject to any legal obligations (e.g., any laws that require us to keep records for a certain period of time before we can delete them), whether we have taken any legal positions (e.g., issued any legal holds or otherwise need to preserve the information), or whether there are other business reasons that require us to keep your personal information (e.g., system integrity).
Business or Commercial Purposes for Which We Use Your Personal Information
We collect, use, disclose, and otherwise process the personal information we collect for the business or commercial purposes described in the "How We Use Personal Information" section above.
We also collect, use, disclose, and otherwise process your personal information for the following business purposes:
- Audits. Auditing related to website interaction, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
- Security and Integrity. Detecting, preventing, or otherwise addressing fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of applicable law (or rule/regulation), and/or security or technical issues.
- Debug and Repair. Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Research and Development. Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- Maintenance and Improvement. Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance a service or device owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us.
Our collection, use, and disclosure of sensitive personal information is generally limited to what is reasonable and proportionate for the following purposes:
- To perform the Services as reasonably expected by you
- To detect security incidents that compromise the availability, authenticity, integrity, and confidentiality of sensitive personal information that is stored or transmitted
- To resist malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal actions directed at us and to prosecute those responsible for those actions
- To ensure the physical safety of you and others
- For short-term, transient uses
- To verify your information, provide customer support, or provide similar services
- With respect to a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, to verify or maintain the quality or safety, improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device.
We honor your right to opt out of "sales" and "sharing" as signaled by a universal opt out signal or Global Privacy Control ("GPC"). To enable GPC, you can visit the Global Privacy Control page at https://globalprivacycontrol.org. If you download a supported browser or extension and exercise your privacy rights with GPC, we will turn off certain third-party cookies on our website after our website detects a GPC signal. If you visit our website from a different device or from a different browser on the same device, you will need to opt-out, or use an opt-out preference signal, for that browser and/or device. You can change your privacy preferences through the "Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information" link on our homepages and as described below.
Currently, other than approved GPC signals, our systems do not recognize browser "do-not-track" requests.
"Sales" or "Sharing" of Personal Information
The CCPA defines "sale" as disclosing or making available personal information to a third party in exchange for monetary or other valuable consideration, and "sharing" includes disclosing or making available personal information to a third party for purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising. While we do not disclose personal information to third parties in exchange for monetary compensation, we may "sell" or "share" certain identifiers, usage data, and inferences to third parties (through third-party cookies or pixel tags on our websites). We do so in order to improve and evaluate our advertising campaigns and better reach customers and prospective customers with more relevant ads and content. We do not sell or share sensitive personal information, nor do we sell or share any personal information about individuals who we know are under sixteen (16) years old.
To exercise your right to opt out of "sales" or "sharing," you can download a supported GPC browser or extension, or you can use the "Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information" link to toggle controls that are available through the privacy preferences page.
Categories of Personal Information Collected and DisclosedIn this section, we describe generally how we have collected and disclosed personal information about consumers in our role as a business over the previous twelve (12) months.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
Depending on how you use our Services, we collect the following categories of personal information through our Services: identifiers; commercial information; usage data; geolocation data; audio, video, and other electronic data; inferences; characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law; and sensitive personal information.
Sources of Personal Information
We may collect personal information from various sources, including directly from the consumer, via automated means, from third parties, and from publicly available information. This may include collecting personal information from our affiliated companies, business partners, vendors, and service providers; third-party platforms; third-party sites and services; advertising networks; Internet service providers; data analytics providers operating systems and platforms; and social networks.
Categories of Personal Information We May "Sell" or "Share"
The categories of personal information that may be considered a "sale" or "sharing" as defined under the CCPA include certain identifiers (i.e., IP address and online identifiers), usage data, and inferences. The categories of third parties to whom we have "sold" or "shared" personal information are advertising networks, data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms, and social networks. We do so for the purposes of marketing and advertising and in order to improve and evaluate our advertising campaigns. We do not sell or share sensitive personal information, nor do we sell or share any personal information about individuals we know are under age 16.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose
The categories of personal information we have disclosed for a business purpose include identifiers; commercial information; usage data; geolocation data; audio, video, and other electronic data; inferences; characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law; and sensitive personal information. The categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed personal information for a business purpose may include affiliates, service providers, social media platforms, business partners, acquirers of business assets, and law enforcement and government authorities.
Your Rights Under the CCPAThe CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding personal information. This section describes your rights under the CCPA and explains how to exercise those rights. Subject to certain exceptions, California consumers have the right to make the following requests:
Right to Know/Access
You have the right to request (up to twice per year and subject to certain exemptions), free of charge, that we disclose information about our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months, including:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- Our business or commercial purposes for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information;
- For each category of personal information, the categories of third parties with whom it was disclosed; and
- A copy of the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Right to Correct
Subject to certain exceptions, you have the right to request that we correct inaccuracies in your personal information. Individuals merely seeking update their information (for example to provide a new mailing address) may do so by following the processes described in the "Choices You Have About Our Processing of Your Personal Information" section above.
Right to Delete
Subject to certain exceptions, you have the right to request that we delete any personal information we have collected about you. After we receive your request and verify your identity, we will review your request to see if an exception requires us to retain the personal information. We will delete or de-identify personal information not subject to an applicable exception from our records and will direct our service providers to take similar action.
Right to Opt-Out of Sale/Sharing
You may have the right to opt-out of the "sale" or "sharing" of your personal information. To opt out from the sale or sharing of personal information, you can download a supported GPC browser or extension as described above or click on the "Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information" Link on the bottom of the website homepage.
Right to Limit Use of Sensitive Personal Information
We do not engage in uses or disclosures of personal information that would trigger the right to limit use of sensitive personal information under the CCPA.
Right to Non-Discrimination
You have the right to be free from discriminatory adverse treatment for exercising these rights. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your CCPA rights.
Submitting CCPA RequestsExercising Your Rights
If you are a California resident and would like to exercise your CCPA rights, you may do so by contacting us by phone at the toll-free number, +1 (866) 890-2810 or by filling out a Consumer Data Request Form available at https://www.campingworld.com/dar. You are not required to create an account to exercise your rights.
You can also have an authorized agent make a request at https://www.campingworld.com/dar by following the instructions therein.
We will only use personal information provided in a right to know or deletion request to review and comply with the request.
Verification of Certain Requests
Only you, or an individual legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your personal information.
Depending on the type of request, we may request information from you in order to verify your identity. Additionally, authorized agents may be required to provide proof of their authorization, and we may also require that the relevant consumer directly verify their identity and the authority of the authorized agent. We cannot respond to your request if we are unable to verify your identity, your authority to make a request on behalf of another person, or if we cannot confirm that the personal information relates to you. In general, we will verify your request by asking you to:
- Provide personal identifiers we can match against information we may have collected from you previously;
- Provide an account number, recent order number, or other transactional information if you've purchased a product or service from us; and/or
- Confirm your request using the email or telephone number stated in the request.
Under California's "Shine the Light" law (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83), California residents who provide us certain personal information are entitled to request and obtain from us, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests may be made once per calendar year for information about any relevant third-party sharing in the prior calendar year. To make such a request please contact us at +1 (866) 890-2810.
Virginia Privacy Rights
This section of the Policy provides additional information for Virginia residents and applies to "personal data", as defined in the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act ("VCDPA"). If you are a Virginia resident, you may have the following rights under the VCDPA:
Right to Access: To confirm whether or not we are processing your personal data and to access such personal data.
Right to Obtain a Copy: You may have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data that you previously provided to us in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily usable format that allows you to transmit your personal data to another controller or business where the processing is carried out by automated means.
Right to Deletion: You may have the right to delete personal data provided by or obtained about you.
Right to Opt-Out of Sale: Under the VCDPA, a "sale" includes disclosing or making available personal data to a third party in exchange for money. We do not "sell" personal data under this definition.
Right to Opt Out of Significant Profiling and Targeted Ads: You may have the right to opt out of the processing of personal data by us for decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning you. We do not process personal data for such profiling.
To opt out of targeted advertising, please click on the "Targeted Advertising Opt Out" Link on the bottom of the website homepage.
Right to Appeal: If we decline to take action regarding your request, you have the right to appeal. We will notify you providing our reasons and instructions for how you can appeal the decision. If the appeal is denied, we will provide a way for you contact the Attorney General to submit a complaint.
If any of the rights described in the section apply to you, you may make a request by contacting us by phone at the toll-free number, +1 (866) 890-2810 or by filling out a Consumer Data Request Form available at https://www.campingworld.com/dar.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date/Last Updated set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any updates to Policy here. If we make material changes to how we collect, use, and disclose the personal information we have previously collected about you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice. All changes to this Policy are effective when posted.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, please contact us by using the contact information below:
CWGS Group, LLC
PO Box 6888
Englewood, CO 80155-6888
+1 (866) 890-2810