cleanliness and physical characteristics of restrooms, including interior construction, adequate supplies/odor free, adequate number of facilities, exterior appearance and location in relation to park spaces, and interior appearance.
the park's setting and site layout, function and identification of signage, overall exterior building maintenance, noise, trash disposal, litter and debris around the grounds and sites, and appearance of grounds, sites and entrance area.
While visiting the Palm Springs area we booked a week to stay at the Sky Valley RV Resort. The resort is a standard 55+ living community with 90% of the sites occupied by park models and the remaining 10% for RVs. The sites are sand with small concrete pads for the outdoor living area. Our pad was broken and unusable. The park has two club houses with pools and multiple hot tubs that are fed by natural mineral hot springs. The amenities at the club houses are nice and clean with a good locker room/shower area, small workout room, library and multiple meeting rooms for various activities.
The area that the park is located is not the nicest or the most scenic. It is 30 minutes away from Palm Desert and Palm Springs.
We rate this park a 2 out of 5 due to the Spartan nature of the sites and the location. If we come back to the Coachella valley, we will most likely stay at a different location.
Information, views and opinions expressed on this website are the views of the person posting the message, do not reflect the views of Good Sam, and are not endorsed, supported, encouraged, sanctioned, verified or agreed upon by Good Sam.
The three-number rating that accompanies each campground listing in the directory gives readers an at-a-glance assessment of a campground's amenities, cleanliness and environment.
How to read the Good Sam Rating 10/10 /10. All three ratings categories are measured on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best.Less than 1 percent of parks or campgrounds receive the coveted 10 / 10 / 10 rating, which indicates superior facilities that are well maintained, clean, well-appointed restrooms and a highly appealing appearance.Campgrounds are inspected annually by dedicated RVers like you.
Completeness of facilities
10 / 10 / 10 The first campground rating evaluates completeness and quality of facilities.In this category we rate interior roads, sites, registration area, hookups, recreation, swimming, security, laundry, store and building maintenance.
Cleanliness and physical characteristics of restrooms and showers
10 / 10 / 10 The second rating category concerns the cleanliness and physical characteristics of toilets, walls, showers, sinks/counters/mirrors and floor. If a park achieves a full point in each of the above, it receives a star (), indicating exceptionally clean restrooms.
Also rated are physical characteristics of restrooms, including interior construction, adequate supplies/odor free, adequate number of facilities, exterior appearance and location in relation to park spaces, and interior appearance.
Visual Appeal and Environmental Quality
10 / 10 / 10 This category addresses the park's setting and site layout, function and identification of signage, overall exterior building maintenance, noise, trash disposal, litter and debris around the grounds and sites, and appearance of grounds, sites and entrance area.
From dazzling coastlines to world-renowned wine regions, California's wildly diverse landscape and attractions will always keep you coming back for more. Plan an unforgettable road trip that...
Chill SoCal Loop
From iconic beaches to understated vineyards, rambunctious amusement parks to placid lakes, Southern California offers extreme variety and adventure in a sun-drenched package. On this loop drive sample the waters of the Pacific...
E-bnd: From Jct of I-10 & Palm Dr (Exit 123), N 3.1 mi on Palm Dr to Dillon Rd, E 8.5 mi (R); W-bnd: From Jct of I-10 & Dillon Rd, NW 18.6 mi on Dillon Rd (L)