STAY IN A BEAUTIFUL LUSH LOCATION Relax in our scenic, peaceful location along the San Marcos River where you'll enjoy the shade of our huge pecan trees. Fish, float or just sit. Swim in our heated pool. Our mild winters make us a prime snowbird destination.
cleanliness and physical characteristics of restrooms, including interior construction, adequate supplies/odor free, adequate number of facilities, exterior appearance and location in relation to park spaces, and interior appearance.
the park's setting and site layout, function and identification of signage, overall exterior building maintenance, noise, trash disposal, litter and debris around the grounds and sites, and appearance of grounds, sites and entrance area.
Arrived on Sunday afternoon to a very run down park. The gates are gone. Driveways in very poor condition. The photographs on the website are not representative of what is there. No one was in office but we had a reservation so paperwork was waiting for us. Paperwork stated that we must check in with them by 10:00 when they opened the next day. We were touring San Antonio on Monday so I started calling them shortly before 10. Left several messages. Finally reached someone about an hour later. Told me that we must come into office in order to get discounts. The don't take Visa, just MasterCard. We left our visit to San Antonio early to make it back in time to get discounts as we were staying almost a week. Office hours are not conducive to tourists to the area and they don't care. Site was basically okay. Nothing fancy. Early Wednesday morning the rains started. We expected those. What we didn't expect was 8 inches of flood water surrounding our RV. What quickly became apparent was that their regulars are given sites in higher elevations and the few of us travelling through were put in the flood zone. NO ONE came to help or even asked if we needed help. Even worse, everyone knew the rains were coming and they didn't bother to tell us we would be flooded out. Unless they know you: don't stay here. I don't understand the high ratings given for this park.
Was this review helpful? (0)
A response from Pecan Park Riverside RV Park
4/30/2018 3:31:06 PM
Jafud, thank you for your feedback. It sounds like there has been some miscommunication. Our office door is always open to our guests who have questions or issues. Our desire is to have these conversations in person, to alleviate frustration. Since we weren't able to talk to you while you were still at the park, some insight regarding what you mentioned.
1. Our gate system was destroyed by the Memorial Day and Halloween floods of 2015. Once our 5-year recovery plan is complete, the gate system will be operational again. Far from run-down, our park is actively maintained by a team. We are currently working on our pool, stairwell, painting the buildings, and tending the grounds to get ready for our summer guests.
2. All of the photos used on our website were taken after the flooding. Anyone is welcome to go on our social media accounts (Facebook and Instagram) to see new photos of the park, which are being shared constantly.
3. The road to get to Pecan Park is maintained by our municipality. We have petitioned them multiple times to take care of the road better, but it's been a source of frustration. But as of yesterday, almost all of the road was paved! We've shared your frustration, so we're extremely happy to see this action taken.
4. I've talked to all of my office staff, and it seems there was a miscommunication regarding check-in and discounts. We would never interrupt a guest's vacation plans if a check-in could be pushed back to a later time. We normally require discounts to be verified in person for obvious reasons (e.g. showing Good Sam card or military ID), but we would've taken an email attachment of your card because you were away from San Marcos.
5. We don't have any record of receiving 8 inches of rain during your stay. Even with that amount, there would be no danger to life or property, so we wouldn't do any kind of check-in site to site. We have a rigorous process for taking care of our guests in the case of actual flooding, which involves making phone calls to each guest, and then going to each RV and knocking on the door. If you were having any issues whatsoever, I wish you would have reached out to our office. It's our job to take care of our guests, but we can't fix what we don't know about.
All the best to you.
Reviews: 12 Helpful Reviews: 5
Date of Stay: September, 2017
Check in office is up a flight of stairs to a second story office. Check in was smooth and office personnel were warm and friendly. A few items you might expect to fine in a "camp store" but not many. Park appears to have many full time "homesteaders" working in the area and living in the park. Large speed bumps on the streets in the park. The park stated they had metered LP however, there was a problem with the pump and the attendant couldn't repair it and didn't know when it would be fixed. Overall park was quiet and a nice setting near the river. Good for overnight but not a long stay place for us.
Was this review helpful? (0)
Thank You for Your Review
2/2/2018 8:37:09 AM
BCPC, thank you for taking the time to leave a review! There is an elevator up to the office on the right side of the building, as an alternative to the stairs. We apologize that our propane fill station was down during your visit--it is back up and running now. Anyone can fill propane at our park you don't need to be a guest. Happy trails!
Reviews: 7 Helpful Reviews: 3
Date of Stay: February, 2017
Nice facilities. My only complaint is: They have a coffee pastry get together in the am on a day of the week. The pastry consisted of doughnut holes. My interpretation of pastry is Danish type of pastry. Not doughnut holes. The staff was friendly though.
Was this review helpful? (2)
Response from Pecan Park Riverside RV Park
3/23/2017 1:33:43 PM
Thank you for taking the time to review our park! Glad you enjoyed our facilities and staff. We try to keep Monday morning socials new and interesting by switching up the free menu, sometimes homemade goodies, kolaches, bagels, etc. We hope you will join us again for a different menu item. Safe Travels!
Information, views and opinions expressed on this website are the views of the person posting the message, do not reflect the views of Good Sam, and are not endorsed, supported, encouraged, sanctioned, verified or agreed upon by Good Sam.
The three-number rating that accompanies each campground listing in the directory gives readers an at-a-glance assessment of a campground's amenities, cleanliness and environment.
How to read the Good Sam Rating 10/10 /10. All three ratings categories are measured on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best.Less than 1 percent of parks or campgrounds receive the coveted 10 / 10 / 10 rating, which indicates superior facilities that are well maintained, clean, well-appointed restrooms and a highly appealing appearance.Campgrounds are inspected annually by dedicated RVers like you.
Completeness of facilities
10 / 10 / 10 The first campground rating evaluates completeness and quality of facilities.In this category we rate interior roads, sites, registration area, hookups, recreation, swimming, security, laundry, store and building maintenance.
Cleanliness and physical characteristics of restrooms and showers
10 / 10 / 10 The second rating category concerns the cleanliness and physical characteristics of toilets, walls, showers, sinks/counters/mirrors and floor. If a park achieves a full point in each of the above, it receives a star (), indicating exceptionally clean restrooms.
Also rated are physical characteristics of restrooms, including interior construction, adequate supplies/odor free, adequate number of facilities, exterior appearance and location in relation to park spaces, and interior appearance.
Visual Appeal and Environmental Quality
10 / 10 / 10
This category addresses the park's setting and site layout, function and identification of signage, overall exterior building maintenance, noise, trash disposal, litter and debris around the grounds and sites, and appearance of grounds, sites and entrance area.