Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to common Good Sam Membership questions.
No. Good Sam Membership and Good Sam Roadside Assistance are separate programs. You do not have to be a Good Sam Member to become a Good Sam Roadside Assistance member. However, Good Sam Members receive VIP Dispatch when calling Good Sam Roadside Assistance.
No. Good Sam Membership, Good Sam Roadside Assistance, and Good Sam TravelAssist are individual programs that each require a separate paid membership.
Membership fees are non-refundable.
You may opt out of Automatic Credit Card Renewal any time before the date you are charged for renewal, approximately one month before your Membership expires. Simply contact Member Services at 1-866-205-7451.
Membership Account Information
When you join Good Sam Membership, you'll receive an email within 48 hours that includes your Membership Number, expiration date, and a Digital Membership Card you can download to your digital wallet on your phone.
You can update your personal information in the Account section online. The only information you can't update online is your name. You'll need to contact Member Services to update your name.
Please allow up to 48 hours for our system to process your membership from the time of enrollment.
It can take 2-3 weeks for your welcome package to arrive in your mailbox.
When you join Good Sam Membership, you'll receive an email within 48 hours that includes your Digital Membership Card. Click the Add to Wallet button on the card to download the card to your Digital Wallet on your phone.
While you don't have to sign in to visit many sections of the website, only Members gain access to all content on the site. Members need to sign in so we can recognize you as a Member and provide complete access to all of the Members-only content available online.
If you try to access a section of the site that is Members-only, you'll be prompted to sign in to gain access.
Yes. Use the email address and password you set up for your online account.
- Good Sam Elite: A 3 Year Good Sam Elite Membership can be purchased online here, in-store at Camping World and RVs.com locations, or by calling our Member Services team at 1-866-205-7451.
- Good Sam RV Elite: To show appreciation for your business, when you purchase an RV from a Camping World or RVs.com dealership, you will be upgraded to a Good Sam RV Elite Membership that is valid for three years from the date of your RV purchase.
If you are already a Good Sam Life Member prior to your RV purchase from a Camping World or RVs.com location, your Life Membership and existing Life Membership Number will remain active for life, but for three years from your RV purchase date, you will enjoy the enhanced benefits and status of Good Sam RV Elite.
Elite members enjoy the highest level of savings available, including:
- Good Sam Elite Tech Help Line, where our trained technicians help you troubleshoot issues with your RV.
- Elite Concierge Service, where our dedicated team of Elite Member Care professionals are available to assist you
- 5% off installation fees at Camping World and RVs.com retail locations
- Free admission to any Good Sam RV Show nationwide (up to 2 tickets)
- And much more!
- A Good Sam Elite Membership can be renewed any time online here, in-store at Camping World and RVs.com locations, or by calling our Member Services Team at 1-866-205-7451.
- The Good Sam RV Elite Membership is a three-year reward for your RV purchase at Camping World and RVs.com. The only way to receive a Good Sam RV Elite Membership is to purchase an RV from Camping World or RVS.com
Instant Fuel Discounts
- Gas (U.S.): save 5¢ per gallon
- Diesel (U.S.): save 10¢ per gallon
- Gas & Diesel (Canada): save 1¢ per liter
- Propane: save 5¢ per gallon
- Waste Dump: save $5.00 (off $10 fee)
- Special pricing and deals at Pilot Flying J retail stores & restaurants
Use your own form of payment in conjunction with your Good Sam Membership Card & receive discounts at the pump. The discount will come off the cash or credit price, depending on what form of payment you use (cash/credit price in truck lanes only).
You will need to come inside, scan your Good Sam Membership card, and prepay in order to use at the truck lanes. You will NOT need to come inside using the RV or auto lanes. The discount at the truck diesel lanes will be off the cash or credit price depending on how you pay.
Follow the prompts at the pump: If using the RV or the auto lanes, simply swipe your credit card then swipe
your Good Sam Membership card when it asks for a loyalty card. You will see the price at the pump decrease.
If using the truck lanes, you need to go inside to swipe your form of payment, then, when prompted for a loyalty card, swipe your Good Sam Membership card to see your savings.
To access your Pilot Flying J fuel benefit, simply download the myRewards Plus app and enter your Good Sam Member Number. If you have any questions or need additional assistance with entering your Good Sam Member into the app, please call 1-877-866-7378. A PFJ representative will be happy to assist you.
No. You will need to prepay in the truck lanes.
Yes, the discount applies to any volume of fuel you are purchasing.
Almost all Pilot Flying J locations offer RV lanes. As Pilot Flying J builds new locations, they will also have RV lanes and other RV amenities such as waste dumps and bulk propane.
We say "select locations" for 2 reasons:
1. Certain laws and regulations prevent Pilot Flying J from offering the discount in Wisconsin.
2. Pilot Flying J has "dealer" locations, which are locations they do not own. As such, these locations can choose to "opt out" of the discount programs. Dealer locations are only required to give the discount for diesel at the truck diesel lanes and only for transactions started at the pump. Dealer locations do not offer discounts on gasoline and do not accept the cards in-store. All of the approximately 100 dealer locations are denoted in the Pilot Flying J mobile app.
The credit card companies set limits to the stations as to what they’ll reimburse for any fraudulent transactions. The stations, in turn, set a pump cut-off limit due to these credit card company fraud reimbursement regulations. Individual stations can set their own pump cut-off limit based on the amount of loss risk they’re willing to take in relation to the credit card companies' fraud reimbursement limit (avg. $75).
For example: If a station sets a $125 limit and a customer pumps $125 in gas, and the charge is later disputed/determined to be fraudulent, the credit card company will only reimburse the station up to its maximum preset fraud reimbursement limit (currently $75 for Visa & MasterCard). The station takes a $50 loss on the transaction because they opted to set a pump cut-off higher than the standard credit card company fraud reimbursement limit.
This allows the credit card companies to tell their cardholders they aren’t setting a pump cut-off limit on their card. True, they aren’t setting a limit to the cardholder. They are setting the limit to the station.
Below lists pump cut-off limits at company-owned stores (not dealer locations):
AUTO LANE Pump Cut Off Limits:
- Visa (credit/debit): $150
- MasterCard (credit): $100
- MasterCard (debit): $75
- Discover: $75
- Amex: $100
RV LANE Pump Cut Off Limits:
- Visa (credit/debit): $495
- MasterCard (credit): $100
- MasterCard (debit): $75
- Discover: $75
- Amex: $100
The former RV Real Value, RV Frequent Fueler Advantage, and RV MyRewards cards will no longer be issued by Pilot Flying J. Going forward, the only way to receive fuel discounts at Pilot Flying J will be through joining Good Sam and using either the Good Sam Membership Card or applying for the Pilot Flying J RV Plus Charge Card. Note that professional driver MyRewards loyalty cards will continue to be issued to professional truck drivers only.
When using your Good Sam Membership Card with your personal debit/credit card, first swipe your debit/credit card at the pump. The pump will prompt you to insert your "loyalty card.” This is when you swipe your Good Sam Membership Card.
If you swipe your Good Sam Membership Card first, the pump will present a "Please see cashier" message.
The Good Sam Trip Planner is an online tool that assists Members with planning their next adventure across the U.S. & Canada. It is an exclusive benefit for Good Sam Members.
Garmin devices use three different routing preferences: Faster Time, Shorter Distance, and Off Road. Off Road option tells the GPS device to follow a path for the route which is not restricted to just roads. In order to see the route following the road, you will have to switch the routing preference in your Garmin GPS device to "Faster Time" or "Shorter Distance". For more information about routing preferences, visit Garmin.
Merchandise Certificates can be redeemed at Camping World and RVs.com retail locations. Some exclusions may apply.
Manage your email communications online in the Email Preferences section. This covers emails from all
businesses: Camping World, Good Sam, RV Magazines, and more.
If you don't see boxes to check or un-check for individual email solicitations, simply click the + sign to the right of your email address to open up the check box selection menu.
To unsubscribe from Camping World postal mailings, email your request to [email protected]. Include your name, physical address and Good Sam Member number.
First, make sure you've signed up to receive the emails you want.
Manage your email communication preferences online in the Account section. You can individually
select which emails you'd like to receive. When selecting your email preferences, if you don't see
boxes to check or un-check for individual email solicitations, click the + sign to the right of your
email address to open up the check box selection menu.
Confirm that the email address associated with your Good Sam membership is correct Visit the Account page to be sure that we have your current email address. If your email address needs to be updated, click "Edit" to the right of your email. After you've made the edit, be sure to save your changes.
Check your spam folder If you have already signed up for Good Sam emails and are experiencing issues receiving them, check your spam/junk folder. If you use a spam filter, make sure you have not inadvertently flagged emails from the "@e.goodsamclub.com" domain as spam. If your problems receiving email persist, please contact your internet service provider's technical support department and ask how to "whitelist" emails from GoodSamClub.com.
Make sure your Internet Service Provider isn't blocking the messages Your Internet Service Provider, such as Hotmail or Yahoo, may be using filters to prevent unwanted emails from reaching your inbox. Sometimes, these filters also block messages you want to receive. In most cases, adding us to your list of trusted senders will solve this issue.
How to Add a Trusted Sender to Contact List
- AOL: select "Add Contact" or “New Contact”
- Yahoo! Mail, Outlook or Outlook Express: select "Add to Address Book"
- Hotmail or MSN: add [email protected] to your list of contacts.