Code of Conduct
The Good Sam Code of Conduct ("Code of Conduct") applies to all users of the Good Sam website and affiliated websites. All users of the Good Sam website are expected to abide by this Code of Conduct and are expected to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations adopted by Good Sam that govern the conduct of users of this website. Please choose carefully the information and content you post on goodsam.com and that you provide to other users.
goodsam.com reserves the right to remove any posting (including private messages) by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Good Sam website at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability. Good Sam expressly reserves the right to remove your profile and/or restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to any part of the Good Sam website if Good Sam determines that you pose a threat to Good Sam and/or its users.
The Good Sam website is for the personal use of members, registered guests and visitors only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by goodsam.com. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the Good Sam website, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the Good Sam website is prohibited. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from member profiles without notice and may result in termination of online membership privileges at www.goodsam.com. Appropriate legal action may be taken for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Good Sam website.
Your Good Sam online profile may not include photographs containing nudity, or obscene, lewd, excessively violent, harassing, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable subject matter. Despite this prohibition, information provided by other Good Sam website users (for instance, in their Profile) may contain inaccurate, inappropriate, offensive or sexually explicit material, products or services, and goodsam.com assumes no responsibility or liability for this material. If you become aware of misuse of the Good Sam website by any person, please contact member services at email@example.com.
Except for content posted by you, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any content appearing on or through the Good Sam website.
You are solely responsible for the content that you post on or through any of the Good Sam website affiliates, and any material or information that you send to other members and users. goodsam.com does not endorse and has no control over the content, and makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy and reliability of the content or any material or information that you send to other users. Content is not generally reviewed by goodsam.com prior to posting and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of goodsam.com. Good Sam may delete any content that violates this Code of Conduct or which may be offensive, illegal or threaten the safety of any person.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other goodsam.com users. goodsam.com reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other users.
The following is a partial list of content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through the Good Sam website. goodsam.com reserves the right to take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in goodsam.com's sole discretion, violates this provision. This may include removing the offending website communication and terminating website access of such violators. Prohibited or illegal content includes, but is not limited to content that:
- promotes information that is false, misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous
- solicits personal information from anyone under 18
- contains restricted or password-only access pages or images
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person, exploits people in a sexual or violent manner, or promotes racism, hatred or physical harm toward any individual or group
- contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or links to an adult website
- uploads, promotes or transmits an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, or provides information to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protected devices
- promotes any criminal activity or provides instructional information about activities such as, but not limited to, violating someone's privacy, transmitting or creating computer viruses, or making or buying illegal weapons
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or illegal use
- promotes commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes; or
- contains a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person's consent.
- involves fraud, obscene material, child pornography, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, or sending of viruses or other harmful files
- includes advertising to, or solicitation of, any member to buy or sell any products or services through the Good Sam website, except in the areas of the Good Sam website where such advertising or solicitation is expressly authorized.
You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other members. Other examples of conduct that violate these rules are:
- using any information obtained from the Good Sam website in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any member without their prior explicit consent
- using scripts to send messages or add friends
- interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the Good Sam website or the networks or services connected to the Good Sam website
- attempting to impersonate another user or person
- using the account, display name or password of another user at any time or disclosing your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account
- using any information obtained from the Good Sam website in order to harass, abuse or harm another person
- displaying an advertisement on your profile, or accepting payment or anything of value from a third party in exchange for your performing any commercial activity on or through the Good Sam website on behalf of that party, including placing commercial content on your profile, or posting stories, selecting a profile or sending private messages with a commercial purpose
- covering or obscuring the banner advertisements on your personal profile page, or any goodsam.com page via HTML/CSS or any other means; or,
- using the Good Sam website in a manner not consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
Please contact Good Sam at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding this Code of Conduct.