interior roads, sites, registration area, hookups, recreation, swimming, security, laundry, store and building maintenance...
cleanliness and physical characteristics of restrooms, including interior construction, adequate supplies/odor free, adequate number of facilities, exterior appearance and location in relation to park spaces, and interior appearance.
the park's setting and site layout, function and identification of signage, overall exterior building maintenance, noise, trash disposal, litter and debris around the grounds and sites, and appearance of grounds, sites and entrance area.
Helpful Reviews: 55
We have stayed in over 450 RV Parks while traveling full-time in a 42-foot coach. This was our first visit here staying 5-nights (site #G4 - Pd $45.70 per-night) during June 2020.
(1) The roads are a mixture of hard packed dirt, gravel, and sand. The dust on our coach was minimal, until the wind kicked-up. Once that wind blew, the sand started flying. No more clean coach!
(2) Level pads: Big coaches need paved or thick gravel pads that are level. We give this park a 5-star rating for the level pad, but a 1-star rating because the pad was sand/gravel/dirt. We had to be careful not to back-up all the way into the site due to the amount of loose sand located in the rear. This park has average space between the sites with each site having a narrow strip of gravel/sand/dirt/grass between. Sites come equipped with a small picnic table.
(3) We live in the age of WIFI technology and there is nothing to stop any RV Park across this country from investing in doing WIFI properly. For some users such as ourselves, WIFI is an important feature. This park receives 0-stars for their WIFI. We were told this park did offer wifi but after talking with several individuals staying here, maybe the only sites that receive good a signal are located next to the office.
(4) Maneuverability, some parks have very narrow roads which make backing up and turning extremely difficult, we found this park to have plenty of room to maneuver.
(5) Satellite, as you know satellite reception is difficult to receive when there are large trees present. If you stay away from the sites with the tall trees located to the south, you should receive reception here. Beware of the wind as you may need to stow your dish when the wind gusts get too strong.
(6) Phone Service, we have AT&T which worked great here.
(7) Dog play and potty. No dog walk area here. Plus, they request you walk your dog outside the RV park. But, being located directly across the street from the beach, there are plenty of places to walk your leashed dog. Just be sure to bring your own poop bags as none are provided.
(8) Final thoughts: This RV park is located right alongside the runway for the Gold River Municipal Airport. Don’t let that fact stop you from staying here! This being a small airport only small private planes land here and only during daylight hours. On the other side of the park is the beach. An easy-access beach! This is an ideal location for beach lovers. This park is older, only offers 30-amp sites, and would benefit from a little TLC. But the great location and friendly. helpful staff (Leslie & Gary) make-up for it. We would stay here again.
Was this review helpful? (2)
Information, views and opinions expressed on this website are the views of the person posting the message, do not reflect the views of Good Sam, and are not endorsed, supported, encouraged, sanctioned, verified or agreed upon by Good Sam.