interior roads, sites, registration area, hookups, recreation, swimming, security, laundry, store and building maintenance...
Avg Restroom Rating
cleanliness and physical characteristics of restrooms, including interior construction, adequate supplies/odor free, adequate number of facilities, exterior appearance and location in relation to park spaces, and interior appearance.
Avg Appeal Rating
the park's setting and site layout, function and identification of signage, overall exterior building maintenance, noise, trash disposal, litter and debris around the grounds and sites, and appearance of grounds, sites and entrance area.
Helpful Reviews: 57
Date of Stay: December, 2019
Traveling full-time in a 42-foot coach we have stayed in over 400 RV Parks. We stayed at the New Orleans KOA for six-nights during the month of December, 2019.
(1) Clean, quiet and well-maintained park with great amenities is what you will find here, along with a very friendly staff. We especially enjoyed using the very large pool and hot tub at night...both of which are kept open 24-hours.
(2) We live in the age of WIFI technology and there is nothing to stop any RV Park across this country from investing in doing WIFI properly. This park receives 5-stars for their great WIFI.
(3) Level pads, big coaches need paved or thick gravel pads that are level. We give this park a 5-star rating for having level paved sites. This park had a good amount of grassy space between sites with picnic table and chairs provided at each site.
(4) Maneuverability, some parks have very narrow roads which make backing up and turning very difficult, we found this park to have plenty of room to maneuver, including when towing.
(5) Dust, some parks are so dusty that even after short stays your unit needs a bath. Not here! The dust on our coach was very minimal compared to many other parks.
(6) Satellite, as you know satellite reception is very hard to receive when you have large trees. If you stay away from the sites with the tall trees to the south you should receive reception, if not they do have cable.
(7) Phone Service, we have AT&T which worked great here.
(8) Dog play and potty, plenty of area to walk your dog here including a fenced off-leash area.
Bonus: This park has fantastic paved bike/walking trails right across the street. Be sure to take advantage of this great feature!
We would definitely stay at this park again.
Was this review helpful? (0)
Helpful Reviews: 29
Date of Stay: March, 2016
Pros: easy on/off highway; close to city. Cons: noisy with railroad and planes, not great part of town. No longer offer cable even though website says they do. Dog park behind some empty houses on premises. Could not go there after dark (safely).
Was this review helpful? (8)
Helpful Reviews: 2
Date of Stay: February, 2016
This KOA is a low-end facility, located in a bad part of town. If it's not the noise from the airport, it's the nearby train tracks or a car going by with the radio and subwoofer blasting. The only redeeming quality is it's proximity to New Orleans. We're not coming back.
Was this review helpful? (11)
Information, views and opinions expressed on this website are the views of the person posting the message, do not reflect the views of Good Sam, and are not endorsed, supported, encouraged, sanctioned, verified or agreed upon by Good Sam.