cleanliness and physical characteristics of restrooms, including interior construction, adequate supplies/odor free, adequate number of facilities, exterior appearance and location in relation to park spaces, and interior appearance.
the park's setting and site layout, function and identification of signage, overall exterior building maintenance, noise, trash disposal, litter and debris around the grounds and sites, and appearance of grounds, sites and entrance area.
Traveling full-time in a 42-foot coach we have stayed in over 400 RV Parks, we stayed here 8 nights during August 2019. This was our second time staying here.
(1) Clean, quiet and well-maintained park with great amenities is what you will find here along with a very friendly staff.
(2) We live in the age of WIFI technology and there is nothing to stop any RV Park across this country from investing in doing WIFI properly. This park receives 5-stars for their great WIFI.
(3) Level pads, big coaches need paved or thick gravel pads that are level. We give this park a 5-star rating in this category for having thick gravel pads. All sites have a nice grass area, a brick patio, and are equipped with a picnic table and fire pit, which was great for relaxing outside the RV.
(4) Maneuverability, some parks have very narrow roads which make backing up and turning difficult. Not here, the roads are plenty wide. We had no trouble while towing our car.
(5) Dust, some parks are so dusty that even after short stays your unit needs a bath, not here, the dust on our coach was very minimal compared to many other parks.
(6) Satellite, as you know satellite reception is very hard to receive when you have large trees. If you stay away from the sites with the tall trees to the south you will receive reception.
(7) Phone Service, we have AT&T which worked great here.
(8) Dog play and potty, plenty of room to walk your dog here with two fenced off-leash dog runs. Note: the fenced dog runs consist mainly of dirt and are great during the dry summer months, but during our first visit (wintertime) we found them to be muddy and avoided taking our dog into the fenced areas.
This is one of the best KOA's we have seen. Very nice sites with small paver patio and table. They also have several oversize/deluxe sites with BBQ, larger patio or grass area. Small fences define your space. The staff is absolutely the best. Laundry area is clean. Sites are gravel and level. Our second time here and we will come again.
This is one of the nicest KOA parks we have stayed at. Friendly, easy check in. We booked a back in site and the roads are nice and wide so it made for an easy back in. Nice patio and picnic table with a privacy fence between sites. Full hookups with cable and good wifi. Nice shade trees throughout the park adds to the ambiance. Close to town, fuel and shopping. We stayed for three nights and had a great time.
Traveling in a 38 foot coach we stayed 13 nights in a site for big rigs. We had a RV pull thru site right next to the office. Because it was early February there was hardly anyone else here and maybe that is why the wifi worked so well! Park is located right off the highway and we had plenty of room to maneuver our 37 foot motorhome around the park. Nice patch of grass for relaxing outside our RV. Spacious site with table and fire pit. Very clean and quiet park. Staff was very helpful and friendly! Will stay again if we come through Grand Junction. If you have a dog there is ample area to walk your pet.
Road Trip (2 nights): Great staff & great bathrooms. New gravel was nice to see. This is a older campground in need of some remodeling & upgrades. The hookups, K-9 parks, site spacing, & laundry configuration are all issues. The laundry should be open 24/7 & not accessed thru the office.
All I can say is this place is ok. it was our family least favorite campground on a two week trip. I felt like I was in a trailer park. Not sure if it was the people that were here at the time or just the park itself. The miniature golf coarse is "homemade". Park is next to a county fairgrounds and the livestock area. You can definitely smell it. That didn't bother me too much. Smells like being on a farm. The spot we had was very weird. Hookups were very far forward and had to buy a longer waterline so I wasn't parked in the driveway. Internet sucked. Will not come back.
Overnight stay enroute to Ohio. 25" class A with toad. Plenty of room on pull through sites, well positioned patio & picnic tables. Friendly, helpful staff at check in, reasonable price. Very well maintained sites. Only downside for us was the fact that sites have fire pits positioned in the middle of the site instead of at the ends - this allows neighbors smoke to drift into open rig windows. Staff accommodated our concerns about drifting smoke, offered to move us to different site and better yet, agreed to not rent empty site next to our slide out as there were plenty of open sites for late arrivals. Great park, will stay again if in the area.
This is a great park, big well groomed level sites with just enough trees for some shade and still get satellite reception. The staff is very friendly & helpful & the restrooms are large & clean. We stayed there two weeks & enjoyed every day of our stay.
Information, views and opinions expressed on this website are the views of the person posting the message, do not reflect the views of Good Sam, and are not endorsed, supported, encouraged, sanctioned, verified or agreed upon by Good Sam.
The three-number rating that accompanies each campground listing in the directory gives readers an at-a-glance assessment of a campground's amenities, cleanliness and environment.
How to read the Good Sam Rating 10/10 /10. All three ratings categories are measured on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best.Less than 1 percent of parks or campgrounds receive the coveted 10 / 10 / 10 rating, which indicates superior facilities that are well maintained, clean, well-appointed restrooms and a highly appealing appearance.Campgrounds are inspected annually by dedicated RVers like you.
Completeness of facilities
10 / 10 / 10 The first campground rating evaluates completeness and quality of facilities.In this category we rate interior roads, sites, registration area, hookups, recreation, swimming, security, laundry, store and building maintenance.
Cleanliness and physical characteristics of restrooms and showers
10 / 10 / 10 The second rating category concerns the cleanliness and physical characteristics of toilets, walls, showers, sinks/counters/mirrors and floor. If a park achieves a full point in each of the above, it receives a star (), indicating exceptionally clean restrooms.
Also rated are physical characteristics of restrooms, including interior construction, adequate supplies/odor free, adequate number of facilities, exterior appearance and location in relation to park spaces, and interior appearance.
Visual Appeal and Environmental Quality
10 / 10 / 10 This category addresses the park's setting and site layout, function and identification of signage, overall exterior building maintenance, noise, trash disposal, litter and debris around the grounds and sites, and appearance of grounds, sites and entrance area.